Tuesday, February 9, 2010

SNOW.MY.GOD!

It's snowing... profusely.  It's like the sky is puking down frozen drops of goodness, except it's really not goodness because I have to be the one to shovel all of this "goodness" away.  Thanks, Mother Nature... not!  I mean, as much as I love snow globes, especially the two that my mom got me when she was trying to start a new tradition each Christmas (which was extremely short-lived, by the way), I'm not trying to live in one today... or any other day for that matter.

I've been sitting on my couch for the past hour and a half trying to decide if I should shovel now, even though I'm going to have to later, or if I should just wait and do it later.  But then I realize that I'm going to have to shower and start getting ready for work in about 2 hours so I shouldn't be sitting here anymore trying to make this decision regarding the clearing of all this snow, yet here I am... still... woops.

I was lacking in my PoD posts over the past few days - I was out of town re-living some college days and put blogging on the back burner.  Hopefully you weren't too disappointed, so I'll upload three PoD's right now, and this one is for Saturday, February 6th:

 
Story: These three pictures were taken at the Garden of the Gods this past September when I went to Colorado with my mom to visit my aunt and cousins.  The Garden of the Gods is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in my life; it's a park with brilliant scenery: natural rock formations are everywhere; the most brilliant blue sky; sparse, but vibrant, flowers and other greenery; etc.  If you're ever in the Colorado Springs area, I would completely recommend visiting this park, not just for the photos you will get, but mostly because it's almost healing.  I just was taken aback at the beauty of this place, and if I could live near here, I would hop on a plane in a second to begin my new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment