Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My dear friend, Vanessa (Tangentssss!), is a very bad influence on me.  But only when we go shopping.  Not only does she never tell me not to buy anything, she always encourages me to get things that look good on me, no matter the price.  So terrible!  But I still adore her, even though my bank account suffers in her presence.  We went shopping today, is what I was getting at, and I only bought 2 things (at Gap... and 2 other things at Target...) and they were both on final sale clearance (or whatever) at Gap, so I guess that's okay... right? =)

Today, the Comcast man came to my house to determine the causing factor(s) of our faulty Internet connectivity.  Although it was awkward and uncomfortable having a strange man in my house walking around in surgical booties, I was overjoyed at the end of his visit because now our Internet works and it's so perfect and I could die happy now! But I don't want to die right now, so hopefully that won't happen (cross your fingers for me!).

I haven't gotten much more reading accomplished in my Eat, Pray, Love book of the week challenge because instead of sitting and reading, I choose to watch TV... woops.  I promise I'll get it done by the end of next week, so I hope you'll stick around until then to see my final review (which I'm sure will be awesome...).  I mean, I'm already completely in love with it, and wish that I could do what Elizabeth Gilbert has done, and traveled to where she has traveled.  I think I'll also start a bucket list as well so that I can actually have more concrete goals to accomplish in my life.  I did see that there's going to be a movie coming out starring Julia Roberts as Elizabeth Gilbert.  Coincidentally, Ms. Roberts is one of my favorite actresses, and always has been, so I am more than thrilled to see how this project pans out.

I also found who my doppelganger is, as it is Doppelganger week on Facebook and I was feeling left out.  I've been told that I look like Vanessa Williams, and I can really only understand that from our beautiful blue eyes, since, obviously, she is a Black woman.  I mean, I'm flattered, because she is completely beautiful, but our skin tones are just slightly off.  My friend, Tiffany, who has no blog =( , told me that I look like Rachel McAdams, which I could die about because she is my girl crush and so perfect!!  But I did a side-by-side comparison, and although we are both gorgeous (haha, just kidding), I just don't see the resemblance; her lips are much fuller than mine, and her cheekbones are more pronounced.  I'm not bitter that I don't look like her, but I still wish it were more evident.  So, with all that being said, I found a picture of Brittany Snow as a brunette and it was clear to me that we are long-lost sisters (...maybe):





So now, here is my PoD post for today, February 3rd:
Story: I miss my days at Starbucks.  This is just two shots of Espresso being pulled into two shot glasses... clearly. =)  I hope this encourages you to go to Starbucks and get a nice beverage... I know I will!

1 comment:

  1. Good doppelganger pick! I also really love that picture of the espresso. I'm a caffeine addict, so my mouth is watering just looking at it. I want both shots to be mine.

    So glad you're reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete