Tuesday, February 9, 2010

PoD - February 8th


Story: Again, taken in my dad's backyard, these photos primarily center around this last picture.  This was the day that Max found that earthworm, the discovery of which he was so proud.  The first photo has been slightly edited, mostly just the coloring of the picture - the "antique-ing" of the flowers really brings out their brilliance, wouldn't you agree?  The second photo is of these same flowers, but this time with a hummingbird fluttering, and suckling their sweet nectar.  The bird may be hard to spot, as they move soooooo freaking fast, but Max and I chased it across the backyard to find it resting so comfortably in his swingset treehouse.  I didn't know that hummingbirds could stop flapping their wings; I thought that they had to always flap them in order to stay alive, but clearly I was wrong!  I can't wait for summer - I need more lazy days in the backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment