Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Only one thing matters...

One thing; to be able to dare! (Fyodor Dotsoevsky - Russian writer, essayist, and philosopher).

Have you ever heard of "The Daily Love," or "TDL?"  If you're active in the Twitter world, you may have heard something about this project, and/or its creator, Mastin Kipp.  I chose to follow @TheDailyLove not just because I love inspirational and motivational quotes as much as the next cheeseball, but also because some of the quotations that are presented actually strike me as important or beautiful.  Here is the first paragraph in the "About" section on the website:

"The Daily Love was created by Mastin Kipp in 2005 under the original name "Thoughts for the Day". Kipp, who is also the CEO of The Love Yourself Company (www.LoveYourself.net), embarked upon a journey in 2004 to find his true purpose and figure out the techniques to best manifest Highest Potential. Along the way he figured there must have been other people who have come before him who've were met with the same challenges he was facing to find true happiness and inner peace."

If you have yet to check out this little gem of a website, click here: LoveMeTender... and while perusing the website, make sure to enter your email address to receive your daily dose of love in email form! =)


Apparently, my last post created quite a buzz with my readers, about which I am extremely excited!  I never thought that my ramblings would so much as make sense, but to have people talking with me about what they liked about and wanted more from me was something that I never even considered.  Dylan, of Something Kinda Wonderful, left me such a thoughtful comment on my actual blog, which is what I try to obtain from each post; it's nice to see that people care about what I have to say, so the "I loved reading your words," part of his comment really made me smile (thanks, Dylan!).  My girlfriend, Tiffany, made it a point to talk to me about my latest post, which was a topic about which we had never spoken.  She really appreciated the fact that I took time to share one of my iTunes playlists with my readers, which can tell a great deal about someone.  Because she has a hard time pin-pointing songs from her library that fit with certain moods or days or events, Tiff suggested I make it a point to provide my readers with more of my playlists, as it can be difficult to make one on your own.  Not only will I have my "Pic of the Day" portion of each post, but now I'll also be able to share another one of my loves with you... music, if you've already forgotten!  Like I said in my last post, the music one listens to can say so much about that person, and I only shared the primarily Indie songs that I listen to; I don't limit myself with the vast array of music that is out there, so sharing with you is a great way for you to learn more about me without me having to say too much. =)

Since I have playlists for just about everything (i.e. "getting ready in the morning," "workout," "partying," "morning drive," and one for driving longer than 3 hours), I thought I'd ask my readers what they'd like for me to share... and keep in mind that I can make one for you based on a mood you might have, what you might be doing while listening to this playlist, etc.  I'm open!  While I wait for your comments, here's a playlist that I made during a darker time in my life that I named "Blah," which I listened to when I was feeling blah (I understand that this may be a downer, but we all feel like this at one point or another, so I thought that one might be able to relate)...

.Down to the River to Pray - Alison Krauss
.Happy Everafter in Your Eyes - Ben Harper
.Ready, Set, Don't Go - Billy Ray Cyrus feat. Miley Cyrus
.The Story - Brandi Carlile (...I told you I loved her!)
.Hands Down (Acoustic) - Dashboard Confessional
.Landslide - Dixie Chicks
.Speeding Cars - Imogen Heap
.The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
.Angel - Jack Johnson
.Comfortable - John Mayer
.Layline - Josh Kelley
.Stay (Acoustic) - Little Big Town
.Angel - Matt Nathanson
.Say It's Possible - Terra Naomi

I'm not extremely proud of this playlist; I was in desperate need of solace on the night I made this, so some of these songs were chosen from the anxious state I was in.  Melancholy... what a cruel trick the world plays on you.

Pic of the Day:
Story: This is my perfect little brother, my mini-me, my fake (but could be actual) son, Maxwell.  This photo was taken the day before his aunt got married in September of 2007.  He was considerably smaller than he is now, but still just as amazingly cute.  I discovered yesterday the amount that I miss this child right now, so I felt compelled to share my fave little guy in the world with the rest of you.  And yes, his eyes are very blue, just like mine! We have such a special bond, and I love him with my whole life. ♥ you buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment