Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cuckoo for CocoFace

That was almost the title of my blog. But, if you know me at all, "Some Semblance of Sanity" fits me better.


So anyway, yesterday I'm at the mall with 2 great people. =) We had a nice lunch at Cheesecake Factory and then did some shopping, where I ended up purchasing a really fierce pair of tall, leather, black heeled boots. These happen to be my first pair of knee-high boots, so I'm pretty effing excited to bust them out in the coming weeks once winter hits. Gross, but at least I'll look hot.


Then, we walk past Woodfield's ridiculous-sized Victoria's Secret store, and I must just interject into the main idea of this part of my day and say that I'm really proud of myself for not feeling compelled to always go into that store when I pass it anymore. Yay me! Okay, so right, we're walking past this uncomfortably huge VS, and there's this sign that says there's some sort of model search for the VS fashion show that occurs every year, which I completely love to watch, even though it makes me both really depressed and hate myself slightly because I don't look like these models. But anyway, I got excited for 2 reasons: 1) VS needs models. HELLO! I'm totally pretty enough to model for this bitch Victoria and whatever her secret is. 2) The VS fashion show is soon! Well, not soon soon because it's not until December, but it's still soon. Yay, something else to look forward to! =) Then, disappointment sets in: I'm only 5'3" and OBVIOUSLY that's nowhere near tall enough to strut my hot self down that sweet runway because someone somewhere made some unspoken rule that models have to be at least 5'9 or something. I'm sorry, but how many graceful women are there that are at least 5'9 and reasonably good looking? I feel like 5'3 is quite the average height in this world, so who says women my height can't model? I mean, really, why do you have to be so tall? That's kind of like when you go shoe shopping and all of the display shoes are size 6. The average shoe size is, I'm pretty sure, an 8, which happens to be my size (holler!) so why aren't those shoes on display? People who model are, at the shortest, 5'9, and you KNOW those giants can't fit their ski feet into size 6 shoes. Size 6 shoes are cuter because they're small, so that's why they are on display in stores, right? Why doesn't the same apply to models? Smaller = cuter. Get used to it!


Oh well, even though I'm sure I can't change the mind of the fashion industry, I can still look taller and feel super beautiful when I'm wearing my brand new boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment