Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Woops...

Soooo... It's been awhile, huh? My bad. I don't like making excuses (yeah, right...), but I pretty much had the busiest couple of months ever. Between the last weekend of September through the first weekend of November, I was out of town every weekend but one, and I put close to 3,000 miles on Consuela, my Camry. She's a good girl. :) I had the best weekends ever, with two of my closest friends being the most beautiful brides, taking a work/play trip to Florida, doing some other wedding things, seeing friends whom I missed so dearly, and getting to spend time with my lovely family. Although I was outrageously busy, I would not have traded any of what I did with anything else; it truly was an amazing fall season for me. Oh, also, I turned 24, which I didn't freak out about; actually, I don't really think I had time to freak out about it, and I got an awesome watch from my awesome s-mom. Thanks, A!

I've also expanded on my photographic repertoire and have added some portraits to my mostly-nature/landscape portfolio. My brother (finally) proposed to his long-time girlfriend, Sarah, in August or September (I honestly can't remember, but I think it was September haha), so I decided to try my hand at some portraits and did an engagement shoot with the two of them.  For my first go at portraits, I think I did a pretty decent job; they at least loved them, so that's all that matters! There is a slideshow at the end of this post with a few of my more favorite shots of the two of them, so feel free to take a look! ;)

My great friend, Alyssa, recruited me to take some pics of her ADORABLE niece, so I was also able to experiment with my first baby photo shoot! It was so much fun, and I am seriously obsessed with this little nugget, Emma. She has the biggest and most beautiful blue eyes, two cutesy little bottom teeth, and the roundest cheeks! Emma was a breeze to shoot, and was so cooperative for a 7 1/2 month old. I guarantee that your heart will melt when you look at some of her photos (down at the bottom, too).

And now it's 2011... I can't even believe it. I got to ring in the new year with one of my best girls, Vaness, and the awesome DJ-ing twins, DJ Milk N Cookies. It was one of the most fun new year celebrations I've had to date, and I'm so excited for what this year will bring me and my closest loved ones: a new life of togetherness (shoutout to the bro and almost sis!); love for some (aka, me?); happiness; success; contentment; etc. I'm hoping that I'll get back to the Chicago area so that I can be with my closest friends and stop missing everybody so much.

I don't want to bore you with much more of my life's minute details, so enjoy some of the photos in the slideshows below so that you can get caught up on my life's happenings. I'll be back soon with some actual substance. ;)

Autumn 2010


KC and Sarah


Baby Emma




Here's my photo of the day:

So, as you may or may not know, I am obsessed with my dog, Preston. OBsessed. He is the coolest pet I've ever had (minus my childhood dog, Allie [RIP]), and this photo is from the summer. I've forgotten about it until today when I (accidentally) printed out an 8x10 of him at work. Now he's taped to the wall behind my desk so he stares at me all day. I just love him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment